This Toolkit is created and maintained by the League of Women Voters (LWV) national networking group “Healthcare Reform for the U.S.” (HCR4US) (see contact info below).
Mission: The website and our network are dedicated to educating and mobilizing League members to work toward legislation that enacts the goals of our LWVUS health care position, with a strong focus on expanded and improved Medicare for All (a single-payer system). The materials are varied for different audiences, and they include pointers to resources for those who want to delve more deeply, and/or would like to do programming for local League or community meetings.
The toolkit contains materials in these nine areas:
- THE LEAGUE POSITION ON HEALTHCARE REFORM
The national position and its history, as well as a collection of state League positions.
- SINGLE PAYER-WHAT IS IT?
What is Single Payer? Why is it considered the gold standard?
- WHAT SINGLE PAYER ISN’T What are some myths, misconceptions, and outright lies?
- HOW WILL WE PAY FOR IT?
- PROPOSED LEGISLATION
Legislation which has been proposed on national or state levels.
- MEDICARE FOR ALL IN THE MEDIA
News and opinion pieces from mainstream media, Think Tanks, and well-vetted online journals.
- RESOURCES GALORE
A variety of materials in different formats for you to share freely.
- FELLOW ADVOCATES, ORGANIZATIONS, AND ALLIES SUPPORTING MEDICARE FOR ALL
- GET INVOLVED!
Suggested activities for Local Leagues (and Individuals).
Are you a League member interested in Health Care Reform? Please join the HCR4US network.
- Support efforts to educate and advocate for LWV Health Care positions, including behavioral health
- Help build a better Toolkit for advocating Health Care Reform
- Join a Google Group to exchange ideas and resources
- Join a monthly networking teleconferencing call to share best practices
- Help expand the reach of the network
Read the Latest Newsletter
Find out what’s on HCR4US’ “mind”: check out our Newsletter —July 2022, June 2022, May 2022
TO SIGN UP, or for MORE INFORMATION, please CONTACT US through our webform.
(Not a League member? Can we explore with you how we can become “allies”? Please fill out our webform, so we can contact you.)
TELL US YOUR HEALTH CARE STORY.
Please take a few minutes to fill in this short webform to help inform our upcoming campaigns.
DONATE to help HCR4US expand our reach and effectiveness.
HCR4US co-chairs: Jean Hopkins, LWV-VT; Betty Keller, LWV-VT; Linda Mahan, LWV Larimer County, CO; Carol Mattoon, LWV-NW Maricopa County, AZ; Barbara Pearson, LWV-Amherst, MA. Web team: Ruth Harenchar (LWV-Manatee, FL), Barbara Pearson (LWV-MA), Akkana Peck (LWV-NM), Lynne Ipina (LWV-WY). They can be reached through our webform: tinyurl.com/Contact-LWV-HCR-4US